As an organisation Breakthrough is committed to the welfare of our clients, staff, volunteers and training participants. We will take all measures necessary to protect the welfare of everyone involved with the charity.
The current situation is changing rapidly, and we want to be responsive to events, and to current UK Government guidelines.
As things develop, it seems clear that we are going to face a number of ongoing challenges about how we deliver our clinical, support and training services over the next few months.
We need to balance a number of different factors. These include:
- The need to protect service users, staff, volunteers and the general public from greater risk of infection.
- Our duty of care towards vulnerable service users for whom Breakthrough provides a vital safety net.
- The reality that as a small charity with very limited reserves, we rely on training revenue and contributions for our services for our survival.
In the light of these considerations we are taking the following steps:
- All in-person training events until at least the end of April are postponed. We will set replacement training dates as soon as the situation becomes clearer.
- We will develop and run alternative online training courses.
- We will offer service users the option to have therapy sessions online or by phone.
- If the clinical judgement of our professional staff is that in-person therapy or support is essential to the mental and physical wellbeing of service users, all appropriate measures will be taken to prevent the spread of infection.
- All external work meetings will be held online or postponed.
- Where possible, internal work meetings will be held online. Where it is necessary for meetings to take place in-person, all appropriate measures will be taken to prevent the spread of infection between those attending.
We will keep these measures under constant review, in the light of the changing situation and government guidelines.
If you have any questions regarding these measures you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 07305 369066
Finally, to everyone in the extended Breakthrough community, both locally and around the world; please stay safe, look out for one another, and know that we are standing with you.
CEO and Clinical Director