- Fixed Term for 12 months
- 1.5 days per week (potentially increasing up to 3 days pw). Specific hours to be agreed (some flexibility, including evening and weekend work will be required)
- A pro-rata of 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Performance-related Bonus Scheme
Trauma Breakthrough is a leading regional UK charity providing trauma-informed training, consultancy, wellbeing and mental-health services for organisations and individuals. It has an ambitious five-year strategic plan to expand its operations nationwide.
We are looking for a fundraiser who has a proven track record of working successfully on large and small-scale fundraising projects, initiatives and events. Ideally, they will have experience in developing successful event proposals, community engagement, and volunteer recruitment/management.
They will be a creative thinker and an excellent communicator, with strong networking and relationship building skills.
From £27k-£30k (pro-rata) depending on experience, plus performance-related bonus.
The post-holder will primarily work from the Breakthrough Support Centre in Bath, with up to 50% of their work taking place in the community.
Hybrid role possible.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the senior management team (SMT) to develop and implement the charity’s fundraising strategy.
Initiate and deliver fundraising activities and events to maximise income and visibility for the charity in line with agreed targets.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers to assist in fundraising activities.
- Develop new initiatives aimed at increasing regular giving and single donations in line with agreed targets.
- Proactively engage with the community, including other organisations and businesses.
This activity will include:
- Identifying funding opportunities for the charity.
- Seeking out and build relationships with potential funders within the community.
- Proactively engage local businesses and organisations in potential ongoing partnership opportunities.
- Involve the charity in a variety of events and opportunities to increase the organisation’s visibility, raise awareness, and build future opportunities for ongoing support and partnerships.
- Supporting the SMT in building relationships with existing and potential partners and major funders.
- Providing regular updates and reporting to funding partners and SMT.
- Manage fundraising expenditure within an agreed budget, ensuring value for money and a good return on investment.
- Along with SMT, develop and manage fundraising publicity and fundraising-focused public relations, ensuring that these complement the charity’s strategic direction.
- Develop materials and social media content around fundraising initiatives and events
- Coordinate and attend regular events, expos, and community based opportunities (e.g coin collection stands)
This role requires the post-holder to develop and maintain good working relationships across all areas of the charity’s operations.
They will work closely with the CEO and Operations Manager to develop and operationalise the fundraising and partnership strategies.
The post-holder will also be a key contact for community organisations and businesses.
Essential skills and experience:
- A proven track-record in a fundraising role – this should be evidenced within a CV or examples from a fundraising portfolio.
- A creative and flexible approach to developing fundraising and event ideas.
- The ability to think outside of the box, whilst still being able to focus on strategic priorities.
- Great communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to prioritise workloads on a daily basis and manage multiple tasks over busy periods
- An interest in mental health.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (must include Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Full UK driving licence and own transport.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Previous work in a mental health or other helping setting
- Experience with developing marketing materials and social media content
- Previous work or volunteering experience in the 3rd Sector
- Safeguarding Level 3 training
- An enhanced DBS certificate covering work with vulnerable adults.
INTERVIEW DATE: We are currently offering interviews on a rolling basis until the right candidate is found.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org